View Larger Map
Boone Sommerfeld
Avda de Océano Atlántico, 3-B
41740, Lebrija (Sevilla)
España
I lived in Sevilla for the past month, but I couldn't take it anymore. My average day was waking up at 6:20, (which isn't bad in the states, but everything is later here. Dinner isn't until 9pm) then riding my bike 40min to a carpool meeting point, then a 45min carpool, work, then do the same trip back, hit the library to use internet. I then would arrive home at 5 and make lunch, which wasn't ready until 6, and that was the first thing I would have eaten all day...of course I could go eat lunch instead of going to the library and just go in the evening, but that adds one more hours of bike riding to the day, plus it fills up in the evening with students and you have to wait in line to enter the library. SO, myself, and two other Auxiliares decided to move to the pueblo where we work.
I have only been here since Saturday, but we all love our place, and have no regrets.
Here is the comparison between what I paid €200 in Sevilla and what I am paying €110 now in Lebrija.
The living room in Sevilla...

The living room in Lebrija...

My room in Sevilla...

My room in Lebrija...

not to mention our own rooftop, and a kitchen for a king...


We are all surprisingly like-minded. It is the house consensus that we start a garden next door, an herb garden indoors, and get a fire pit to the roof.
An added bonus is large community meals. Last night we roasted a chicken, with baked potatoes, a large avocado-roasted bell pepper salad, baguette, and Moroccan oranges for desert. All of which was by the light of a small lamp in the kitchen, because we are all equally cheap. It feels a lot like living in a cabin actually, because there is no heat in houses here, so we have been wearing our scarves, sweaters, wool socks, and sometimes mittens inside. We huddle around the oven after the cooking is done to warm our appendages, then scurry off the the sleeping bags and blankets that live on our couches.
All in all, a good decision, I hope you all can come visit someday soon.
1 comment:
i like. and i like that i have your address. i'll googlemap it and come visit.
Post a Comment