
Lo más importante, sin embargo, era que cada día realizaba el gran sueño de su vida: viajar. Cuando se cansara de los campos de Andalucía podía vender sus ovejas y hacerse marinero. Cuando se cansara del mar ya había conocido muchas cuidades, a muchas mujeres y muchas oportunidades de ser feliz.
from El Alquimista by Paulo Coelho
I am starting it for the second time. I checked it out this summer and didn't finish it so I am starting again. I am only on page 38 but I am enjoying it immensely. It is a very unique and incredible experience to be reading a book set in the same province in Spain that I have been in, and in the same language that is all around me. What makes it even more incredible is that it is about a boy who becomes a shepherd to travel and walk around
Andalucía and beyond. I have been walking through the same fields and countrysides as the ones the author sets his protagonist.
No comments:
Post a Comment