Split's main attraction is that the inside square is built in the remains of Roman emperor Diocletian's palace. It was kind of sad to see the remains now into shopping strips and fashion stores everywhere, but I am assuming there have been merchants there since day 1.
For the afternoon I caught a bus to Plitvice National Park, known for it's cascading emerald green and blue lakes. I wasn't sure how long it would take, and wasn't expecting to arrive in the park at night not knowing where I was going to stay for the night (although it is kind of hard not to arrive anywhere at night when it is dark at 4:30). I debated staying on the bus and going straight on to Zagreb. The ground was snow covered, it was night, I didn't know where things were, and figured it wouldn't be very much to look at and the lakes were probably frozen, however, I was determined to see Plitvice and I got off. There ended up being several private guest houses and I finally got the third one I talked to down to an affordable price since I wouldn't be eating their food.
CLICK HERE to see more photos of Split.
No comments:
Post a Comment