Magi was born in NY but spent many summers in Croatia, where her parents emigrated from. She came to the farm over a year ago and bought a house, so she is no longer considered a WWOOFer, but an adopted daughter. Dani is was another WWOOFer from France who arrived a week before and left a week after me. In our free time we played soccer alongside the beach, played Uno ALL the time, and read.
I think one of the things I miss most is the great food. The majority of the food we ate was grown right there are from a nearby friend. From milking the cows came our fresh milk, soft cheese, hard cheese, yogurt, and whey. The garlic, onions, potatoes, jams, bread, sprouts, oranges, lemons, persimmons, lavender, wine (red and white and several variations of both), the best damn grape juice I've ever had and olive oil come direct from the farm. I am thoroughly impressed how many products one woman and her son (with some volunteer help) can produce. However, few products are made on a level higher than sustenance.
It is a lifestyle that I miss and hope one day to adopt, at least at some level.
CLICK HERE for pictures of the farm.
3 comments:
i read all of these. such a great adventure!
uh....is it bad that i am mostly just jealous of your cheese-selection(?)
Sounds like you had a great break! I've enjoyed the pictures! :)
Post a Comment